"It's my belief we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain." - Jane Wagner

Monday, January 7, 2008

The New Year

Happy New Year! You know I'm pretty sure I wrote a blog in late December that somehow disappeared from the site here...I don't really remember what it was about but now that it's gone I'm convinced that it was the best thing I ever wrote. Lost forever! Like Hemingway leaving those stories on the train in Spain or France or wherever he was drinking and writing long sentences in those early years when the words and blood flowed like wine and we all went to the Cafe Bernice and had a pernod. But I'll try to recapture the magic.

Let's see what's new in the world of music. A friend of mine recently sent me a disc of Ryan Bingham, folk/bluesy stuff, reminiscient of Townes Van Zandt/Billy Joe Shaver. Excellent stuff. Seriously very cool. Strongly advise you track this guy down if you have any interest in folk/blues/guitar kick ass music. But if you don't like good music, you definitely won't like Ryan Bingham.

I spent some time in Mexico in the last couple weeks. Nothing like being drunk during the day listening to Mexican music. Heard some excellent mariachi players wh went deep into the catalog to play something for my niece and nephew. There is some really great Mexican music out there- I would particularly recommend Los Tres Ases and Los Dandys. Musica bonita.

Pretty pedestrian blog this week. Nothing really to say now that the New Year started and we're all back to work. I promise something better in the next couple days. Something that will really piss someone off.

Signing out.

MU

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are your New Year Resolutions?

mickey c said...

1) Quit snorting furniture polish
2) Learn a language. I'm thinking Kurdish.
3) Do more word jumbles.
4) Buy a clip on tie